Transfer your bib to another runner
The transfer program allows you to give your spot to someone else. It is important to go through the proper transferal channels because every participant needs the correct information in case of a medical emergency. Giving someone your bib affects the results and those who are caught doing so may be barred from future races.
The transfer program will be open from February 26 until April 15, 2019. No transfers will be allowed after this time to ensure we have enough time to assign bib numbers and make corrections to our database.
How the transfer process works
You may transfer your bib to someone you know, or you may find a prospective runner through our bib transfer message board.
Transfers can only be initiated by the originally-registered runner. If you already have someone to transfer your bib to, start the process here.
- Complete the Transfer Number Form and submit.
- The recipient will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the transfer.
- If a transfer is not completed within 72 hours, it becomes invalid and the original recipient will need to begin the process again if he/she still wishes to transfer the registration.
- There is a transfer fee of $15.00 which will be paid by the person accepting the transfer.
- Once the transfer is complete, the originally-registered runner will be no longer be registered for the race.
- Please note that add-on items (iTab, packet mailout) will be transferred along with the registration. Any monetary consideration between the original registrant and transferee must be handled between the two parties and The Blue Cross Broad Street Run will not refund any money to the original registrant or facilitate any monetary transfers.
- The Blue Cross Broad Street Run 10-Miler does not permit anyone to charge fees over the standard entry fees for each event for a transferred registration. Anyone found overcharging will be banned from future races.
- Posts offering or seeking bibs at rates higher than the standard entry fee are subject to removal from the bib transfer message board.