The countdown is on for the Broad Street Run 10-Miler on May 5, 2019!
Race day in Philadelphia is special. That’s because the entire city joins in on the fun. Whether you’re supporting specific runners or want to take in the sites, we love that spectators come out to watch the race and cheer on runners. Make a clever sign, give out high fives, and yell out encouraging sentiments. Your good energy will help propel our runners forward to reach the finish line.
Best spots to watch
Here is a list of great spots to stop and watch the race:
- The start area near Broad and Fisher Streets
- North Broad Street along the Temple University Campus
- North Broad Street at Callowhill Street
- City Hall — the west side at Dilworth Plaza
- Broad and Walnut Streets outside The Bellevue
- South Broad Street along the Avenue of the Arts
- South Broad Street at Carpenter Street (High School for the Creative and Performing Arts)
- South Broad Street at Jackson Street (South Philadelphia High School)
- South Broad Street at Bigler Street
- South Broad Street at Packer Avenue, one block from Chickie’s & Pete’s
- Broad Street and Pattison Avenue at the Sports Complex
Music groups, high school bands, cheerleading squads, church choirs, and drill teams are invited to perform along the course to energize the runners and spectators.
If your organization would like to participate, call 215-683-3594 or email email@example.com.
Finish line area
You can also watch the race from the Finish Line, which is in the Philadelphia Navy Yard. There will be a limited number of bleacher seats available.
There will be fun activities in the Navy Yard for kids of all ages, like the Dunkin’ Munchkin Run, Diaper Dashes, face painting, and much more. Learn more about the fun at the finish line.
Please note that no bags, backpacks, or coolers are permitted in the Navy Yard. Any items brought into the Navy Yard must be in clear plastic bags. If you are bringing in a child with a diaper bag, the bag may be searched.
Need more information?