The countdown is on for the Broad Street Run 10-Miler on May 5, 2019!
Entry Deferral and Bib Transfer
If you get selected to run the Blue Cross Broad Street Run 10-Miler through the lottery, have already confirmed your spot, but are now unable to participate, you have two options: defer your spot or transfer your bib.
Defer your entry
The deferral program allows you to give up your spot in exchange for a guaranteed spot in the 2020 race. You will not receive an entry fee refund for this year’s race if you decide to defer. In addition, you will still be required to pay the entry fee for the 2020 race in which you have a guaranteed spot.
- Defer your spot in this year’s race and guarantee your spot in the 2020 race.
- Register for this year’s race after deferring your 2018 entry.
The deferral program closes on April 27, 2019.
If you chose to have your race packet mailed to you during registration, you may not defer your spot after March 31, 2019.
Transfer your bib to another runner
The transfer program allows you to give your spot to someone else. It is important to go through the proper transferal channels because every participant needs the correct information in case of a medical emergency. We urge you not to sell or obtain a bib outside of the official race guidelines so that you don’t put you or others at risk of incorrect medical information.
The transfer program will be open from February 26 until April 15, 2019. No transfers will be allowed after this time to ensure we have enough time to assign bib numbers and make corrections to our database. Transfers that are “in process” at the deadline may not be guaranteed.
How the transfer process works
You may transfer your bib to someone you know, or you may find a prospective runner through our bib transfer message board.
Transfers can only be initiated by the originally-registered runner. If you already have someone to transfer your bib to, start the process here.
- Complete the Transfer Number Form and submit.
- You will receive an email with an electronic transfer code within a few minutes. Send this code to the recipient of the transferred bib.
- The transferee has 72 hours to complete a race application, using the code you sent him or her. The code becomes invalid after 72 hours.
- The transferee will be required to pay a fee of $15.00 while he or she is completing the application.
- Once the application is complete, the originally-registered runner will be dropped from the race.
Please note that the originally-registered runner is responsible for collecting the entrance fee from the transferee. We are not responsible for recouping that money for you through the transfer process. We ask that you not charge more than what you originally paid to enter the race.
Transferal process rules
Please follow the rules below while conducting the transferal process:
- Anyone who is registered for the current year’s race, except for those who have tenured status and were guaranteed a spot after the lottery closing,
- The Blue Cross Broad Street Run 10-Miler does not permit anyone to charge fees over the standard entry fees for each event for a transferred registration. Anyone found overcharging will be banned from future races.
- Posts offering or seeking bibs at rates higher than the standard entry fee are subject to removal from the bib transfer message board.
Looking for a bib? Try searching for one on our bib transfer message board. You can also run for a charity.
If you have any questions, call 215-683-3594 or email email@example.com.