The countdown is on for the Broad Street Run 10-Miler on May 3, 2020!
Entry Deferral and Bib Transfer
If you get selected to run the Blue Cross Broad Street Run through the lottery, have already confirmed your spot, but are now unable to participate, you have two options: defer your spot or transfer your bib.
Defer your entry
The deferral program allows you to give up your spot in exchange for a guaranteed spot in the 2020 race.
You will not receive an entry fee refund for this year’s race if you decide to defer.
In addition, you will still be required to pay the entry fee for the 2021 race in which you have a guaranteed spot.
- The deferral program closes on April 15, 2020 (11:59 p.m. EST).
- If you chose to have your race packet mailed to you during registration, you may not defer your spot after March 31, 2020.
Transfer your bib to another runner
The transfer program allows you to give your spot to someone else. It is important to go through the proper transferal channels because every participant needs the correct information in case of a medical emergency. Giving someone your bib affects the results and those who are caught doing so may be barred from future races.
The transfer program will be open from February 26 until April 15, 2020, with all transfers completed by April 17, 2020.
No transfers will be allowed after this time to ensure we have enough time to assign bib numbers and make corrections to our database.
You may transfer your bib to someone you know.
- If you wish to transfer your bib, it is your responsibility to find someone to transfer it to. Blue Cross Broad Street Run will help with periodic social media postings, but it will be your responsibility to find someone to transfer your bib. We recommend your running club or your running circle.
- Once you find someone to transfer, log in to your RunSignUp account and follow the instructions on transferring.
Notes regarding bib transfers:
- Links do not expire with transfers, but participants can cancel their initiated transfer. However, the deadline to initiate transfers must by made by April 15 and you must complete the transfer prior to April 17, 2020.
- There is a transfer fee of $15, which will be paid by the person accepting the transfer
- Please note that add-on items (iTab, packet mailout) will not be transferred along with the registration. Once the transfer is complete, the original registrant will receive a refund of all fees, minus processing fees.
- The originator will receive a full refund, minus processing fees.
- The Blue Cross Broad Street Run does not permit anyone to charge fees over the standard entry fees for each event for a transferred registration. Anyone found overcharging will be banned from future races.
If you have any questions, call 215-683-3594 or email [email protected].
Independence Blue Cross is the proud sponsor of Philly's premier 10 mile race, conducted by the Philadelphia Parks and Recreation Department.