The countdown is on for the Broad Street Run 10-Miler on May 3, 2020!
To run in the Blue Cross Broad Street Run, you must enter the lottery, which is open from February 1, 2020, until February 14, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The individual registration fee is $55.00.
Lottery selection results are available – you can search the results through our registration confirmation search. (coming soon)
This race is a running event. All participants must be able to run a sub-15-minute mile, so we may reopen the streets promptly. We strongly discourage walking the course. We may remove slower participants from the course at the discretion of the Philadelphia Police Department and the Race Committee.
We want to show our thanks to our runners for their loyalty over the years. If you’ve raced in 10 or more Blue Cross Broad Street Runs, consecutively or non-consecutively, you are guaranteed a spot in the race. Here’s what you need to do:
- Look for an e-mail from marathonguide.com confirming your tenured status.
- Register for the race by February 13, 2020.
- If you do not receive an e-mail and believe that you are a tenured runner, send an e-mail to [email protected] and we will verify your tenured status.
Not sure if you’re tenured? Check your eligibility for a tenured entry by checking the searchable database.
Have you changed your name recently? If you ran the race under a different name (i.e., maiden name), please send an email to [email protected] so we can update our records.
If you receive a tenured spot in the race, you will not be permitted to transfer your bib to another runner.
Wheelchair race participants
Limited transportation to the start area will be available for all participants who register and check the wheelchair box on the entry form. If you have any special needs, contact Peggy Jastrzemski at [email protected].
Register as a team
Do you have a group of three to five competitive runners from your club or company who would like to run as a team? Those who register teams are guaranteed entry into the race. However, we offer a limited number of team spots on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration opens on February 1, 2020.
If you’re interested in running as a team, here’s what you need to do.
- Go to the team search page and select either register a new team or register a new individual.
- If registering a new team, choose a unique name and password and share this information with your team members.
- Pay the team entry fee (includes individual entry fee): Club Fee: $300 Corporate Fee: $350.
- To register, each individual must use the unique name and password used to register the team. Then, they choose your team name from the drop-down menu.
Please note that your team must be set up and paid for before your team members can register. If your team is unable to pay the team entry fee with a credit card, please send an e-mail to [email protected] to request a code to be used to register. Teams who request a code must submit a check payable to Philly Races, Inc. to:
Blue Cross Broad Street Run
1515 Arch Street, 10th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
We must receive payment by March 15, 2020, or we will remove your entries from our database.
Forgot or lost your team password? Contact [email protected].
To register as a corporate team, all three to five members must:
- Be employed by the corporation registering the team
- Work for the corporation at least 24 hours a week
- Have been employed by the corporation for three months or more
- Be at least 18 years old
Note: Corporate team members may be asked to provide proof of employment. Failure to do so may result in team disqualification.
To register as a club team, all three to five members must be members of the same club, which can be assembled from RRCA or USATF clubs, other registered running clubs, YMCA’s, or school teams.
Team race-day information
We use a corralled, wave system. Team members will receive corral assignments based on their running times in late April. Team members must start the race in their assigned corral. Race times are scored by chip time.
The following are the divisions we created for scoring teams:
- Open Male: 5 members, fastest three members score
- Open Female: 5 members, fastest three members score
- Master Male: 5 members, fastest three members score
- Master Female: 5 members, fastest three members score
- Coed Open: 5 members, fastest three members score (one must be a woman)
- Coed Master: 5 members, fastest three members score (one must be a woman)
We score the top three finishers for the team. For the coed divisions, the top female runner’s time will be combined with the two top male runners to score the team.
Upgrade your gear
Team members who wish to buy an iTaB must pay the fees for these options during their individual registration process.
If you chose to have your packet mailed to you, race packets will be mailed by the United State Postal Service and should arrive by April 30.
Still looking for a spot?
If you didn’t get into the race through the lottery, running for a charity is a great option!
Check with one of the following to see if they have any spots available:
- The American Cancer Society
- American Association for Cancer Research
- The Fairmount Park Conservancy
- Students Run Philly Style
- Back on My Feet
Athletes who take part in the competition may be subject to formal drug testing under the IAAF Procedural Guidelines for Doping Control or the Olympic Movement Anti-Doping Code. Drug testing and the adjudication of positive findings will be carried out by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). Athletes found to have committed a doping violation will be disciplined according to USADA Protocol and suspended, if appropriate, according to IAAF rules. Such penalties may result in a period of ineligibility as well as disqualification from the event. Any substance taken by an athlete is at his/her own risk and may result in a positive sample. (This includes cold medicines, nutritional supplements, and some over-the-counter medicines).
Information on drugs and drug testing may be obtained by calling the USADA Drug Reference Hotline at 1-800-233-0393 or visiting usantidoping.org.
Independence Blue Cross is the proud sponsor of Philly's premier 10 mile race, conducted by the Philadelphia Parks and Recreation Department.